Monday, February 20, 2012

12 Weeks Left

After two weeks up temperatures above 20 degrees (during the day) the forecast is showing that next week the temperature will start dropping again.  Still 8 above zero will still feel warm.  The warm temperatures brought in new snow that provides a nice blanket over the ice that formed when the temperature exceeded 32 degrees and the old, graying snow.
As we pass the mid-point in February, my mind keeps looking toward summer and even into the following school year.  On Wednesday I received my contract for next year.  Yes, I will be teaching in St. Michael again next year and will, in fact, be remaining in the village most of the summer.  In about a month we will pass the equinox and St. Michael will begin having days with more sunlight than darkness.  I am excited to have the sun up when I get up again.  I am ready to spend extended amounts of time outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment