Monday, August 1, 2011

4 Hours and 30 Minutes

Today's the day!  I'm done packing (for the most part) and my suitcases are packed.  My cats are ready to go too.  Ellen, my mother-in-law, is going with me to Alaska and will be there for nine days while I unpack and begin to settle in.  Nathan will be coming up the beginning of September. 

We are going to leave for the airport in about an hour so we can get our bags checked and the cats used to the noise and activity of the airport.  Our plane leaves at 12:35pm so hopefully we will arrive in Anchorage by 4pm (Alaska Time).  We will be picked up by a member of the Bering Strait School District Welcome Wagon (returning BSSD teachers who help new teachers with last minute preparations in Anchorage before heading to our various villages).  We will be in Anchorage for four days before flying to Unalakleet and then on to St. Michael.  We will arrive in our village at 5pm on August 4th.  One of my first pictures of St. Michael will be the stack of boxes that will hopefully :) be waiting for me.  We began shipping our boxes in May.

Now that the adventure has begun, I will have more to post--including pictures:).

Goodbye Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment