Thursday, August 4, 2011

On to St. Michael

After a full day of shopping and packing I think we are ready to go.  Yesterday morning we took our revised and categorized shopping lists to Costco and then Fred Meyer.  We began with two carts: one cart held the supplies we are taking on the plane today and the second one (and then a third) held the supplies we are shipping today. 
 
After Costco we went to Fred Meyer.  We completed our list and also bought Action Packers and Plastic Bins that will be our reusable shipping containers (for the times when we are in Anchorage doing our own shopping).  Three more carts.
 To celebrate our last evening in Anchorage, Sharon took us to the Double Musky Inn for dinner.
We left the restaurant at 10:00pm.
 The Finished Product!  The black bins with the gray lids are Action Packers that we are taking on the plane.  They hold the fresh and frozen foods that would have cost $1.85/ pound to ship but only 70 cents/pound to take on the plane with us.  The clear tubs we are shipping today and expecting to receive in two-three weeks. 

 This morning the sun has broken through the clouds and I see blue sky.  It's just under 50 degrees this morning.  Yesterday I believe the temperature stayed in the fifties or maybe low sixties. 


Now that we are heading to St. Michael my cell phone will no longer be able to make or receive calls.  This means there is no cell service.  At the moment I have decided not to purchase a cell plan through GCI (Alaska's cell company) because service (even through them) is minimal in St. Michael.  I don't know what the Internet capabilities in my house are quite yet so I may not be able to check my email or post to this Blog for a little while.  Ellen will be staying with me in St. Michael for a few days to help me unpack and get prepared for the start of the school year.  If Internet is available, I will be able to use her computer.  I'm not sure when I receive my "teacher computer", so there might be another lull in my postings in the transition time before school starts (August 22). 

No comments:

Post a Comment